Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Dinner - 07/25/2010

Tonight's dinner is a new recipe to me. We love Middle Eastern food. All the spices and flavors in this dish sold me on the recipe. Plus, I wanted a new way to cook fish. Normally, we bake it in the oven or grill it. This dish cooks fast and is easy to prepare. I didn't double it this week. I find seafood doesn't reheat well.

Seafood Tagnie
Ingredients

2 tsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp saffron, threads
8 oz canned clam juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1lb raw tilapia, cut into 1 x 2-inch strips
3/4 lb shrimp, peeled
1/3 cup cilantro,  chopped

2 cup cooked couscous, hot

Instructions
In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, jalapeƱo pepper, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, and saffron. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften, 5 min.




Add the clam juice, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the pot; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, the veg for10 mins until soft.



Add the tilapia and shrimp to the pot; simmer, covered, shrimp are cooked 6–7 mins.


Remove from the heat, then stir in the cilantro. Serve over the couscous. 



If you have any question/comments about this recipe, pls leave me a comment or email at megmehell at yahoo dot com.

I hope you enjoy this dinner as much as I did. What did y'all have for dinner?

Don't forget to enter my CSN Giftcard Giveaway

1 comments:

Melissa said...

yummy!! I'm reading blogs in bed and this makes me want to get up and eat.