Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mardi Gras Mambo....

Today is the first day of the Mardi Gras season and I am sooo excited. It means eating king cakes, hanging out with my family at parades, and drinking beer at 8AM.



I'm going to buy a King Cake tonight!!!


My mom and my parraine (my godfather for the non-Cajuns) will go to every parade they can. They've instilled in me the love of Mardi Gras and I plan to teach my girls to love it too. My daddy and husband are not huge fans. But they are willing to come along, carry the ice chests, and stand in the back. These are important jobs. You need someone who is willing to stand in the back and hold the baby.

It's time to start preparing. I'm going to make the girls cute Mardi Gras Shirts. Also, going to start drilling Li on her phone number and address, in case the worst happens. Unfortunately, MM is walking but too little to talk. I'll just pin the vital info too her. I need to remind them about crowd safety and how to properly pick up doubloons.  Did I forget anything?


Hope y'all are excited too.

1 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

I have always wanted to experience Mardi Gras but have not had a chance. It sounds like fun!