Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Dinner - 09/12/2010

Today we spent the day with the Shuttle Sisters swimming and boating in Lake Pontchartrain. Consequently, we didn't eat a real dinner. Just a plate of food leftover from our pot luck lunch. My contribution to the party was the potato salad below. I like using red potatoes but you can use which ever potatoes rock your world.

Potato Salad
Ingredients
3lbs red potatoes, cut very small
½ cup red onion, diced
½ cup celery, diced
½ cup bell pepper, diced
¼ cup parsley, minced
¼ cup green onion, minced
¾ cup Greek non-fat yogurt
¾ cup low fat sour cream
2tbsp, Dijon mustard/Remoulade sauce
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste

Directions
Boil potatoes in salted water until soft, about 10min. Drain and set to the side.

Combine red onion, celery, bell pepper, parsley, and green onion. Stir in the Greek yogurt, sour cream, Dijon mustard/Remoulade sauce, salt and pepper.


When the potatoes are cool, mix into the bowl with the veg and dressing.
Served with Mel's pulled pork, chicken and pasta salad and Kristy's mac and cheese this potato salad was crunchy and zesty.


If you have any question/comments about this recipe, pls leave me a comment or email at megmehell at yahoo dot com.

I hope you enjoy this dinner as much as I did. What did y'all have for dinner? 

Don't forget to help me choose my race name and enter to win a Giftcard to CSN. 

4 comments:

Christina said...

Man! Thank goodness I didn't see this post on Sunday night because I wouldn't be able to get over it! I have a major love for potatoes, absolutely heart everything potatoes. Looks so good. Can't wait to make it.

I'm 80% certain I am going to do that half in Louisiana on 10/10/10.

Melanie said...

Mmmm, this was awesome! LOVE the touch of spice from the Remoulade Dressing. Why, oh why, didn't I bring some potato salad leftovers home?

Had a great time yesterday with you & the family :)

RobinLK said...

Oh, yummy! I LOVE mac 'n cheese, especially homemade and CRISPY-baked. And I miss pulled pork since giving up (most) meat. Looks like a great meal!!!

Teamarcia said...

yum I LOVE a good potato salad! May be bringing this one to the party we're going to on Saturday--if I'm not too hunched over from my 22 miler!
Dinner last night was....what?...not too memorable obviously...of right, leftover sweet potato/tomato soup. When the Caveman's not home, I don't cook!