Monday, August 2, 2010

Half Marathon Training Wk8

Last week's training went well but I kinda feel like a slacker. I only ran 8mi last week but I did three days of spin bike. It's weird how your perspective changes. Not that long ago, I'd have been amazed to run one mile much less eight. I try to remember this when I'm beating myself up for a bad run or being slow.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to take spin on my road bike in weeks. Three days of waking before 4AM each weeks does not make me want to wake early on the weekends. Thankfully, no pre-planned fun this weekend. So I'm hoping for a little bike time. Now that school is almost in I'm hoping for a few free weekends.

This weeks half-marathon training plan:
Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat
08/02 08/0308/0408/0508/0608/0708/08
RestSpin bike 30min run
Spin Bike
lift upper body 

Spin Bike
3mi run
Bike

How's your summer going? Have y'all been busy or taking it easy?

3 comments:

Christina said...

Summer has been easy for me. Doing nothing much but running, eating, and watching trashy shows on the Internet.
I gotto go back to work in 1 week. That's a downer.

Lori said...

I just can't believe how fast this summer is going by! It's already August??

I am already signing up for fall events, and realize that it isn't really that far away.

RunToTheFinish said...

funny how some weeks even though you do plenty they seem like slacker weeks :)