Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lemon Coconut Bars

Now that I have a lovely new iPad I plan to try to blog more often. I downloaded a blog app that should make the whole process a lot easier. We shall see how long this lasts.

Since I had some free time today, I decide to do a bit of baking. I have tons of "fresh" lemon juice in my freezer. Thanks to pinterest I have a few new recipes I've been wanting to try. These lemon coconut bars looks delish and a perfect for our Easter party tomorrow.



Lemon Coconut Bars

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
3/4 cup cold butter
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour and confectioners’ sugar. Using a food processor, cut in the butter until thoroughly combined.






3. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.




4. Beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until well mixed and pour over crust. Sprinkle coconut over the top.





5. Bake at 350F for 20 until golden brown.

6. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

I hope you enjoy these lemony good bars. And I look forward to bloggingd more.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Luling, LA

0 comments: