Monday, November 16, 2009

Yea! - Runnig Buddy

Usually, I run by myself. I like it that way. I get time to myself and to think my own thoughts. When you have small children, you don't get a lot of that.

But the last few months, I've had a hard time convincing myself to run all the miles required by my training. Long runs are never an issue. It's the weekday 3-4mile runs that kill me. That sounds so silly that it's easier for me to run 7, 8, 10miles than 3miles. But its true.

I have found the solution. A running buddy.  Yes I know, it's not a new concept.

It's not that I didn't want someone to run with, I just never had anyone. See, I'm slower than everyone else. WAY slower. It's a streatch to call what I do running. Also, I don't have a lot of  time to run. And I live in a small town outside of NOLA where I don't know a lot of people.


But thanks to Team In Training, I now have a buddy! There's a girl in my town who runs a similar speed. It's tough for her to make it to the group training too. It's like we were fated to run together.

Our first running date was Sunday morning. She met me at my house at 6:30AM and we were off for our run. We only needed to run 3 for our training but we ended up running 3.5mi. We talked a little at first. But mostly we just tried to find a comfortable pace and get comfortable with each other.

As far as first dates go, I think it went well. I thought about getting a picture with her for my blog but I didn't want to come on too strong. :)

0 comments: