Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yea! Christmas!

We've been trying hard to get into the Christmas spirit in my house. We put up the Christmas tree last Saturday. Li and MM look at it and talk about the ornaments every day. The tree is one of my most favorite parts of Christmas.

The girls and the tree

I added my Christmas music to my ipod. I have about 8 cds. That's a lot of music that is only listened to for a month of the year. The girls and I have been listening to it in the car everyday. I've been trying to teach Lilly more songs than just Jingle Bells. Li only knows the chorus to Jingle Bells. After the 80th time in a row, it gets old.

This past Saturday we went to Teddy Bear Tea at the Royal Sonesta. Li was phsyced about getting to drink tea. Each kid was given a teddy bear. But of course all the bears look a like. I had to monnogram the bears so we could tell them apart. MM loved hers. Poor bear. He's now a chew toy.


My neice Keli, Lilly and MM

When Santa came in the room, you would have thought the biggest rock star in the whole world was there. The kids were flipping out. I thought there was going to be a little kid riot.




On Sunday we went to see Tuba Christmas at the Miracle On Fulton Street. See the link for an explanation. Our friend Travis was playing his [insert proper tuba-like insturment].


Travis and his instrument


We've been doing all this Christmas-y stuff because I love Christmas. How could I not? My mom love Christmas. Our whole lives she has made a big deal out of it. And I want the same for my girls.

1 comments:

scott said...

cool pictures! i didn't know Travis played a wind instrument either.

also, i am not sure it would be safe in a little kid riot.